There are several benefits of having an outdoor water fountain in your garden. Fountains add charm to gardens. The sweet sound that is created when water hits the surface soothes the soul and mind. A beautiful water fountain can make your garden look more inviting and help create a peaceful environment.
Here are some tips to consider before adding an outdoor water fountain to your garden.
Look for the Right Style and Design
The importance of selecting the right style of fountain for your outdoor area cannot be emphasized enough. Make sure the style and design of your fountain complement the design of your home. Decide whether you want to use your fountain as an accent or a centerpiece. Here are some styles to consider:
- Modern Fountains: Modern fountains utilize industrial materials such as stainless steel. These fountains go well with yards that feature an industrial vibe.
- Traditional/Classic Fountains: They feature a traditional design. They utilize natural materials such as marble and stone. Known for their timeless elegance, classic fountains have been around for quite some time.
- Casual Fountains: These fountains are usually used as supplement pieces, rather than statement pieces.
Consider Maintenance Requirements
It’s important that you consider the logistics of your fountain before making a decision. Fully understand maintenance considerations. If you have plants and trees hovering above your fountain, leaves and other debris may fall into the water, which means you will have to work harder to keep your fountain clean all year.
If you want to keep fish, ask yourself whether you have enough time to feed and care for them. Consider how you’d respond to birds in your fountain.
Opt for the Right Fountain Material
Here are some common materials used to construct outdoor water fountains:
- Cast Stone: Cast stone structures are constructed with a Portland cement mixture that contains high-quality coarse aggregates. The smooth surface of cast stone fountains resembles that of natural cut stone. Available in a variety of designs, cast stone fountains are known for their superior durability.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass is famed for its light weight. The materials can be finished to resemble different types of materials such as copper, iron, and brushed lead.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel fountains are durable and long lasting. Stainless steel lends a modern, sleek, and naturally clean appearance.
- Bamboo: This natural material is known for its durability and versatility. Bamboo fountains add a touch of sophistication to modern gardens.
- Copper: Copper is the most popular material used in residential fountains. Copper fountains are known for their elegance.
- Pottery: Such as a planting Urn can often be easily made into a fountain piece. Urns offer many styles and colors to enhance your vision.
- Natural Stone: Stone can either blend into a landscape or make a bold statement. Almost any stone can be core drilled to make a beautiful and natural fountain.
Are you looking for a water feature company near you that can transform your landscaping dreams into a backyard reality? Look no further than Sweetwater Landscape. We are passionate about creating beautiful outdoor spaces. To discuss your landscaping project, call us at 707-887-0140.