Reduce water bills while maintaining your landscape & garden
Did you know that 1 inch of rainwater on a 1000 square foot roof is equivalent to 600+ gallons of water?
Most Californians are acutely aware that water is becoming an “endangered species” on our planet. California and the North Bay have faced increasing water worries and restrictions over the last decade or more and if weather patterns hold true, it will continue exponentially. Because all life requires water for survival the lack of water not only impacts us, but also has a dire impact on the wildlife around us.
Rainwater harvesting, simply put, is the collection and storage of rainwater for future use. The practice of rainwater harvesting dates back to the earliest days of civilization yet was nearly lost in the age of inexpensive and readily available municipal water supplies. This is no longer the case.
Becoming aware of the current state of our environmental condition is the first step in identifying viable solutions to ensure clean and healthy water for future generations. A wise second step would be to find a way to reuse rainwater.
We’ve chosen the RainXchange™ system for several important reasons. It maintains the beauty and value of your home and property because you don’t see it. There’s no above ground plastic tank, or unsightly contraptions to look at. The versatility of size, shape and strength allow us to install the system under patios, lawns, landscape areas and even driveways. They can also used to create a sustainable water feature by adding the system to your pond, fountain or waterfall project. And unlike a rain barrel or tank, the RainXchange™ system filters the stored water to prevent stagnation and growth of unhealthy bacteria.
Accessing the stored underground rainwater for reuse is as easy as connecting a hose to a spigot. A small water pump is connected to the stored rain water making it convenient for you to water your landscape.
As an added bonus, 85% of the content of our system modules are made out of recycled polyethylene.
RainXchange™ Rainwater Harvesting System benefits include
- Rainwater is relatively clean and absolutely free water source
- It conserves water making it environmentally responsible
- It’s ideal for cities with water restrictions
- It filters the stored water to prevent stagnation and growth of unhealthy bacteria.
- Rainwater is better for your landscape and garden because it’s not chlorinated
- It reduces storm water runoff and drainage problems from your home or businesses property
- It uses inexpensive technologies that are simple to use and easy to maintain
- It can be can built into new home construction, or easily be retrofitted to an existing structure
- Collecting and storing the water underground maintains the integrity and beauty of your home and landscape
- It allows for expansion, reconfiguration, or relocation
- It can provide an excellent back-up source of water for emergencies
- 85% of the content of the system modules are made out of recycled polyethylene
For more information on the RainXchange™ Rainwater Harvesting System please read our article, Don’t Be Fooled, Capturing Rainwater Is Not Illegal In California. Please Contact Us with any questions.